Snowvel Privacy Notice
What personal information about customers does Snowvel.com gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your shopping experience at Snowvel.com. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information you give us: We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
- Automatic information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses Snowvel.com or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of Snowvel.com on other websites.
- E-mail communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Snowvel.com if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please let us know.
- Information from other sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
What about cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser to enable our systems to recognize your.
Does Snowvel.com share the information it receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below.
- Affiliated businesses we do not control: We work closely with affiliated businesses. In some cases these businesses operate stores at Snowvel.com or sell offerings to you at Snowvel.com. In other cases, we operate stores, provide services, or sell product lines jointly with these businesses. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions, and we share customer information related to those transactions with that third party.
- Third-party service providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of Snowvel.com customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please contact us.
- Business transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Snowvel BV, or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of Snowvel.com and others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Snowvel.com, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With your consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How secure is information about me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What about third-party advertisers and links to other websites?
Our site includes third-party advertising and links to other websites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these advertisers or third-party websites.
Snowvel.com also displays personalized third-party advertising based on personal information about customers, such as purchases on Snowvel.com, visits to Snowvel associate websites, or use of payment services on other websites. Although Snowvel.com does not provide any personal information to advertisers, advertisers (including ad-serving companies) may assume that users who interact with or click on a personalized advertisement meet their criteria to personalize the ad. If you do not want us to use personal information that we gather to allow third parties to personalize advertisements we display to you, please contact us.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such Snowvel.com features.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please contact us (if you do not want to receive Conditions of Use and other legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of Snowvel.com, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes).
- If you do not want us to use personal information that we gather to allow third parties to personalize advertisements we display to you, please contact us.
Are children allowed to use Snowvel.com?
Snowvel.com does not sell products for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may use Snowvel.com only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, notices, and revisions
If you choose to visit Snowvel.com, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the Dutch law. If you have any concern about privacy at Snowvel.com, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our website frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.